Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Automated Life

I just pressed a button on my Roomba  and sat down to type on my computer.  As I'm sitting here , my floor is being vacuumed. Wait, a roomba...is that frugal?

For the most part, I always choose the frugal (read cheap) path.  I was number 4 in a family of 6 kids, so I grew up with hand-me-downs and little extra cash.  We always had enough, and I never felt deprived by any means, but I also learned to make do with what I had.  I got into the routine of figuring out how to make things work, or buying second hand goods or looking for sales.  This has been really helpful to me in life.  However, I have been slowly learning that sometimes, if you can afford it, it is worth it to pay for quality and convenience.

For us, the Roomba falls into the worth it category.  I have a lot of other helpful gadgets in my life, but right now, as I watch my toddler walking around leaving a trail of cracker crumbs and the Roomba coming right behind vacuuming it up, the Roomba is my favorite.

No comments: